National Diploma in Quantity Surveying (Level 6)

quantitysurveying quantitysurveyor diploma in construction

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_shay treacy_*

Guest_shay treacy_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:45 AM

Hi everybody,

I am currently starting my second year in the National Diploma in Construction (Quantity Surveying) L6. Just a bit about myself, I am based in Palmerston North working at a small and new Quantity Surveying firm (only 5 of us) doing a cadetship which I was lucky enough to get last year. Pretty much before last year I had never heard of Quantity Surveying so studying has opened my eyes to a whole lot of new opportunities. I studied last year through UCOL and this year extramurally obviously still with the help of UCOL. 

Just wanting to know what others are doing who are studying this course that are near me (possibly to study or just ask questions) but also around the country just to gain a grasp on everyone else's background and why they are in this field as well. 

Good luck and happy studies.

Shay :) :) :)

#2 Mr T

Mr T

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:41 AM

Hi Shay, are you studying the new diploma or the old one?

With Open Polytechnic or UCOL?

#3 Guest_shay treacy_*

Guest_shay treacy_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:57 PM

Hi Mr T
I'm studying the old one and through open polytechnic.
But because we did our first year with UCOL they are helping when we need it.

#4 jbmoocs

jbmoocs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:29 PM

HI Shay Joel here I am also in Palmerston North, studying Architectural Technology @ OP. I'm a few course through the qualification now and I am really enjoying it, actually doing exceptionally well which is good for me as I have not been in tertiary education for quite a while now. I know you're studying a specific area but I have done some papers that covered QS in this course and enjoyed them! Always looking to meet meet new people so would be great to catch up as I have no study friends in this town at present.

Cheers

Joel

#5 Blair

Blair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:30 AM

I'm in my second trimester (3 courses per trimester) working toward the Diploma in Architectural Technology. I'm based in Taupo.

The construction courses are a bit hit and miss for me. For some, the information flows off the pages nicely. For others, you honestly don't know what it is they are trying to teach you. Some courses just don't convey a demonstration of process. CON104 was extremely bad for this and from what I have seen of CON106, that might be the case too.

#6 Guest_QSJenna_*

Guest_QSJenna_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:10 AM

Hi Guys,

I am studying Construction Management and Quantity Surveying.  After completing CON101, and 102 in my first trimester, and then CON103 and 104 in my second, I have now just completed DQS101 and CON108 on the 7th of June 2017.  My boss (I work as a QS cadet) wanted me to do some measurement to help out within my role here.

Some courses just make sense, and others ... well, they don't really explain how they came to their conclusions within the course information, and also have the wrong or old information and links loaded in the course content, assignments and marking schedules, or just missing information  ... which is kind of frustrating seeing as it is a 'new' course, you would have thought this would have all been updated and checked.

I am in the next trimester going 'back' as such to complete CON105 and CON106 (i work full time and have two kids so two papers a trimester is all I can squeeze in!) and if anyone else is doing the same, or slightly ahead or behind where I am at, I would love to chat and have or be a sounding board.

I am based in Matamata, hence distance learning in my own timeframes is what I can manage.

Cheers

Jenna

#7 katew9@hotmail.com

katew9@hotmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:09 AM

Hi everyone,

I am doing Architecture Technology Diploma. I have 1 CON paper to do and am halfway through the DAT papers. I agree the assessments can be very vague and hard to understand what they are actually wanting. There is an awesome community of QS and Arch Tech students and we have a private FB page that is such a big big help. If you want to know the name of it so you can join, let me know.

Kate

• Avi likes this

#8 Avi

Avi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationTe Kuiti

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:24 PM

Hi there, Avi here. I'm doing Architecture technology aswel. I have completed CON101 and CON102, currently doing CON104 n CON105.
I'm looking for that Facebook page Arch Tech students?
Anyone who's doing same diploma as me, can add me on Facebook "Avisheel Chand"
Love to hear from you guys n help eachother out.

#9 Guest_QSJenna_*

Guest_QSJenna_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:18 AM

Hi everyone,

I am doing Architecture Technology Diploma. I have 1 CON paper to do and am halfway through the DAT papers. I agree the assessments can be very vague and hard to understand what they are actually wanting. There is an awesome community of QS and Arch Tech students and we have a private FB page that is such a big big help. If you want to know the name of it so you can join, let me know.

Kate

Yes please, that would be great.

#10 Sophi48

Sophi48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:47 PM

Hi everyone, I have just started Architectural Technology doing CON101 and DAT101. I would really appreciate being added to the Facebook group, it would be nice to have a support network :) on Facebook I’m Sophi Johnson, from Auckland.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users