#1 AmyDeerie

AmyDeerie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:44 AM

POPULAR

Hey Team,

I am just going to be straight up, and say that I really miss the Open Polytechnic Facebook group (I cant remember its exact name) - please consider reopening it as this forum does not fill the void. This forum...theres hardly anyone here, and so I feel more alone in my study than ever. I know some courses have student-run facebook groups (my courses do not seem to), but the OP one was the best as there were so many people studying all sorts of things and it was a fun group!

Thanks!

• EdwardCic, Waltergemi, Johnnyton and 53 others like this

#2 Leanne (OP Admin)

Leanne (OP Admin)

Admin

• Administrators
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:25 AM

Hi Amy

The Open Polytechnic Facebook page is still available. Is the Facebook group you are talking about a student created page?

Thanks
Leanne

#3 AmyDeerie

AmyDeerie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:31 AM

Hi Leanne, it was actually the Open Polytechnic Learning Centre facebook group iirc.

It was not a student-run facebook page as mentioned above.

Please, please, bring it back. This forum is not a happening place - I've been a member of this forum since it opened (I believe the Learning Centre fb group was closed to encourage the move here to this forum) and I pop back every now and then, but its just dead.

You know how Donkey sings that song to Shrek "I'm all alone, there's no one here beside me..." yeah well thats me, all alone.

#4 Leanne (OP Admin)

Leanne (OP Admin)

Admin

• Administrators
  • 65 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:19 PM

Hi Amy

Thanks for the clarification about which Facebook page you meant.  I have followed up on the Learning Centre Facebook page, and you’re right, the team that ran it believe the Online Community will allow more students from different subject areas and parts of the country to connect, and they have chosen to close the Facebook group and use their resources in other ways to help our students.  

I can see you’ve put out 15 posts already on the Online Community, so you are making a good effort to connect with fellow students.  Please keep trying, we are in a bit of a lull at the moment with the summer trimester, but from the start of March there will be lots more students around.  The success of the Online Community really does depend on great people like you reaching out to others and encouraging them to connect in ways that suit them.

Don’t forget, we also have our main Facebook page you can talk to others on: https://www.facebook...openpolytechnicand there are also your online course forums.

All the best
Leanne

#5 AmyDeerie

AmyDeerie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:44 AM

I've just made my own Facebook group I've called the Student Lounge

if anyone wishes to join!

https://www.facebook...4806826546090/ 

Any level, any subject - all OP students are welcome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users