• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 LucyT

LucyT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:13 PM

Hi, before I install office 365 apps I would like clarification as to what happens to the existing office software which is already installed under a separate license.

For instance I already have excel installed on a office student license.

if i install the apps shown on the office 365 page then is the office 365 excel identified/kept separate from my studnet license excel?  when my office 365 license expires, presumably when i am no longer a student at OP, then what happens to the office 365 excel software?

• JeedfzTorez and BoopBroaramib like this

#2 Leanne (OP Admin)

Leanne (OP Admin)

Admin

• Administrators
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:02 AM

Hi Lucy

When installing Office 365 Pro Plus you will be prompted to either install alongside an existing Office installation, or overwrite your existing installation with the new version.  There are no complications with running the two side-by-side unless you are tight for space on your computer.

The Office 365 licence will be valid for however long you study with Open Polytechnic, and you will not be able to authenticate when opening Excel (365 Pro Plus version).  Nothing will be changed in your other version of Excel if you have installed side-by-side.

More details can be found at the following link if you need assistance with installation: www.openpolytechnic.ac.nz/using-office-365-and-365-proplus/

Thanks

Leanne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users