3 replies to this topic

#1 LlewPie

LlewPie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:15 AM

Hi,

I just want to know if we can ask for the course material to be printed or are we required to print this our selves now?

My question is more about trying to open a conversation about getting to a point were we can start using tablets or phones during open book exams. Now I know there have been past examples of people caught cheating, using technology available to us these days. How does accessing the internet benefit you when you are writing an open book exam? You won't find the answers to the questions online...I don't think. 

I would however if possible find out what other moderators and students have to say about the topic after all this is an open forum  :D

Llew

• AgrikgeN, Ronaldbok, GregorySn and 2 others like this

#2 Leanne (OP Admin)

Leanne (OP Admin)

Admin

• Administrators
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:41 PM

Hi Llew

Can you clarify what course you are studying as the majority of our courses do not have open book exams, so it would help to know this so we have context before seeking a response from our staff.

Thanks

Leanne

#3 LlewPie

LlewPie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:54 AM

I  am doing a BENgTech - ELE2503 - Electronic Systems

#4 Leanne (OP Admin)

Leanne (OP Admin)

Admin

• Administrators
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:16 AM

Hi LlewPie

We have followed up with our staff about your question. They have confirmed that because your exam for this particular course is open book, you can print out the course materials yourself and take them into the exam.  Open Polytechnic does not offer a print version of these course materials, so cannot print them out for you. 

In regards to the question about taking a tablet or electronic device into the exam, under the guidelines for exams, electronic communication devices are not allowed due to the fact they can connect to the internet.

Thanks

Leanne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users