9 replies to this topic

#1 Tracey

Tracey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:31 PM

Hello!

I'm having trouble understanding how the course forums work. As I have been studying for a while I feel like I should know this and feel rather stupid! However, earlier in my studies, there wasn't the push to post the same way as there is now. (Does anyone else not like posting their activity answers and getting marked on them? I prefer to use the forums to ask questions, share information and support fellow students only!)

My issue is, when you do an activity in the course module and are told to post it online, do you put what you want to put as part of your assignment or something else?  Many students post what appears to be parts of their assignments and I'm not sure if we are meant to or not.

And are students marks competitive? ie Is it like the School Certificate from the old days where people were scaled up and down depending on what all of the other students scored? (Can you tell I'm old? hehe)

I would love some feedback if anyone knows the answers to any of this!

Many thanks :)

• Johnnyton, Ronaldbok, DONNA and 2 others like this

#2 Leanne (OP Admin)

Leanne (OP Admin)

Admin

• Administrators
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:47 AM

Hi Tracey

Some great questions there - and we look forward to more students coming in and talking to you about what you've asked.

We did follow up with our staff about the 'are student marks competitive' question, and the answer is no, marks are not scaled.

Hope that helps

Leanne

#3 Rhoda

Rhoda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOtago

Posted 03 March 2015 - 08:59 AM

Hi Tracey :-) 

I would suggest that you go through the Assignment information for the course and see exactly what is required. Then you can see how that compares to what students are posting in the forums.

I think in my last course, some of us were posting the activities in the forums for comment. Some posted their assignments for help as well.

I think that's why there are different forums - General, Activities, Assignments, and so on, - to keep the different areas of discussion separate. 

Any more questions?  :)

#4 AmyDeerie

AmyDeerie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:32 PM

In my papers they have activities, but these are normally completely different to assignments.

I know you're not meant to post your entire assignment, but I think its OK to upload a small part of it to get advice? But definitely not the entire assignment.

I concur with Rhoda's statement about different forums for different purposes :-)

#5 DONNA

DONNA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationKawerau

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:09 AM

Yes, I am new to this and am finding it hard to post my answers on here to, in fair they might be totally wrong. This is really stepping outside my comfort zone :-)

Donna

#6 GPolglase

GPolglase

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:30 PM

How do I find out who my tutor is?

#7 Guest_Kathryn (OP Moderator)_*

Guest_Kathryn (OP Moderator)_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:47 PM

Hi - please give our Customer Services Team a call on 0508 650 200 for help in putting you in touch with your tutor.

#8 GPolglase

GPolglase

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:26 AM

Need of help I don't know if I understand this question correctly.How does this reading suggest that understanding learning styles and preferences can impact our learning? I think this means how does this reading impact our learning style?

#9 Leanne (OP Admin)

Leanne (OP Admin)

Admin

• Administrators
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:35 PM

Hi GPolglase

Can you please contact us by email at customerservices@openpolytechnic.ac.nz or by free phone on 0508 650 200 and we will put you in contact with a staff member that can help you with your course related question.

Thanks

Leanne

#10 GPolglase

GPolglase

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 08:49 PM

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users