3 replies to this topic

#1 Sheree

Sheree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:11 AM

Hi I am curious as to how much activity is on your online campus. I am not complaining at all just curious as to how other online campus groups interact.

I am studying a paper based rather than blended or online paper so there is very little contact. We get updates roughly once every ten days and there is no communication between fellow students. Even our introductions post had only two comments. I have found this side of distance learning the most difficult.

I am fine with the course work and assignments it is the lack of social communication I think I am missing. When I started last year with the TSS course the online campus was crazy with activity which was hard to keep up with now it is just a long silence that I almost feel like I am the only one studying the paper. I should add the tutors are great. They do respond to emails quickly and I get a couple of phone calls each paper from my tutor which is nice.

Is this across the board or do some of the other groups have more interaction?

Thanks

Sheree

• EdwardCic, GregorySn, uapedsib and 1 other like this

#2 Rachaelsteer

Rachaelsteer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:29 AM

In all honesty I was disappointed in the activity in my course. In courses I have done before with other providers the students asked more questions and we shared more with each other.
In this course I am doing now I haven't asked any questions on the forum because no one else has I thought maybe they didn't need to ask questions because they understand everything. I do wonder if they are thinking the same thing.

#3 Sheree

Sheree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:57 AM

Yeah it is strange. It would be nice to bounce ideas of people or even just know there are others doing the course. I suppose everyone is different though, some like to communicate and others just complete assignments and move on to the next paper. Thanks for replying  :)

#4 minimacs

minimacs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:47 AM

I agree, in previous courses we have had a lot more interacting on the forums than more recently.

In one paper we were required to post at least 10 x 200 word posts and it was interesting to see who read that at the start of semester and spread theirs out and those who posted them all in the last week (I unsubscribed after I'd done mine LOL)

I think it depends on the tutor as well, for example I had one tutor who was horrible and replied negatively to any question so those dried up pretty quickly!

I have been involved in Facebook groups for most of my recent courses and find that a more 'instant' response and more open to 'Blocked Word' questions

• Sheree likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users