• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AmyDeerie

AmyDeerie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:14 PM

Hi Everyone, as you moved up the levels, what was your experience on how much the difficulty increases when you go up a level? eg, from level 5 to level 6?

• Johnnyton, Dallasml, Geraldoi and 2 others like this

#2 ricky17

ricky17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:37 AM

Hi

I am on my last semester of a three year Information Systems and Technology degree. It has been my experience that the courses don't really get more difficult, just more focused and in-depth. As long as the level 6 or 7 course follows on from a preceding one, I have found that the learning curve is about the same. They do seem to expect a higher standard of writing etc as you go up but once again, you will have learned what is needed along the way, and from feedback from level 5 assignments.  

Other people's experience may be different though and it may depend on the courses you are doing.

Good luck with your studies. :)

Rhonda

#3 Ryan

Ryan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:29 AM

Hi Amy

I agree with Rhonda. I am on my last course for the Bachelor of Business accounting major being Advanced Financial Accounting. I would go so far as to say, at least in my experiance, the papers at level 7 are on a whole easier than level 6 even though the workload is about 25% - 50% greater. I am certainly finding the level 7 financial accounting paper easier than the level 6 and I have some theories as to why this is.

As mentioned the courses have a lot more reading/work required as well as higher quality answers expected. A lot more research is invloved, So why is it easier, or at least, not more difficult? As Rhonda says they earlier papers lay the ground work in some cases, but in others that have to prior level 6 they can still be no more difficult than a level 6 paper. I think this is because of the overall prior study experiance than enhances skills such as memory retention, writing skills, general study skills etc which makes things no more difficult at higher levels.

Interesting topic.

Good luck

Ryan

#4 minimacs

minimacs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:43 AM

In my experience there isn't much difference other than the independent study aspect.

For example in Level 5 we were given a giant book of readings to go with each paper and now we have a list of recommended readings but are expected to read much more widely on the topic.

#5 AmyDeerie

AmyDeerie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:13 PM

Hi everyone, thanks for your replies! Very helpful, and after having now finished my first (2) level 6 papers, i would agree with what was written here.

I initially asked because I got my first assignment back from one of my level 6 papers and I had dropped from an A in my level 5s to a C, and so I was concerned! However that appeared to just be a one off bad assignment, cos I went back up to an A and in fact got some of my highest results yet! :D

So to anyone concerned, level 6 might have a tiny bit more work, will expect better writing, but the topics just get expanded on in more detail. Good luck to anyone moving up the levels!  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users