9 replies to this topic

#1 Avi

Avi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationTe Kuiti

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:24 PM

Anyone doing Nz Dip in architecture technology???

#2 NikkiH

NikkiH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:56 AM

Hi Avi

I'm studying architectural technology also. I am only signed up to the first paper. what about you? 

• Avi likes this

#3 Avi

Avi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationTe Kuiti

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:40 AM

Hey Nikki

wishing you all the best for your first paper, i have finished my 1st and 2nd paper recently, it went alright. i have also signed up for 3rd n 4th paper

#4 NikkiH

NikkiH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:54 AM

Oh thats awesome. all the best for you also. I'm eagerly awaiting the study materials to be put up so i can make a start asap.

maybe we can keep in touch with each other during our journey.

have you studied before? 

#5 katew9@hotmail.com

katew9@hotmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:03 AM

Hi Avi,

I am doing this also. I have done DAT 101, DAT 102 and doing DAT 103 and DAT 104 this trimester coming.

• Avi likes this

#6 Blair

Blair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:12 AM

Same here. I'm in my third trimester. I've completed CON101, 102, 103, 104, 105 and 106.

Currently enrolled in CON107, 108 and DAT101.

I hear there is a Facebook group for Open Poly Construction and Architecture students. Does anyone know the name of the group?

#7 Kads

Kads

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:32 AM

Hi there!

Im doing this course too! Finished CON101, CON102 last trimester and doing CON104 and DAT101 this trimester.

Anyone working in the architecture/ construction industry?

I live in New Plymouth with my husband and 6 month old baby and have been studying while on maternity leave. I have to get back to work in a few months though and I was wondering how easy/ difficult it is to balance study + work + family.

Any thoughts on this?

What are your stories like? I would love to hear from you!

#8 Blair

Blair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:13 AM

CON101 and 102 might be the two easiest courses in the whole program. I found CON104 to be dificult because the assignments weren't explained very well. You spend as much time wondering what the assignments really want you to do as you do on the assignments themselves. The trick is to keep asking your tutor as much as you can. That's what they're there for.

• Kads likes this

#9 Kads

Kads

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:55 PM

thanks for that Blair! I find it a little intimidating asking tutors questions about assignments but I guess I should give it a go this time

#10 Azul

Azul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:34 AM

Hi, my name is Azul and just started the Diploma in Architecture technology. I'm only doing the first paper at the moment. Good luck to everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users